Guaranty Bank understands how important privacy and security are to you not only in your banking, but also in your everyday life. We do our best to maintain the highest levels of security to protect your information. We also want to arm you with current information that you can use to keep up with cyber criminals.
You can also find a wealth of free resources by visiting www.onguardonline.gov
Digital Privacy and Cookies Policy
Date of most recent update: May 10, 2019
Introduction and scope of policy
Agreement to policy
By using a Site or interacting with a Guaranty Bank advertisement or page or account on a third-party site, you consent to this Policy, including your consent to our use and disclosure of information about you in the manner described in this Policy.
Types of information
You may interact with us in a variety of ways online, including through a mobile device. We may offer sites or applications that permit browsing and do not require registration. We may also offer the ability to enroll, register or access your accounts online. Information that we may collect about you through online interaction includes information that you input, such as your name, address, email address, other contact information; data resulting from your activity, such as transaction information; and location information. We may also gather additional information, such as the type of device and browser you are using, the IP address of your device, information about your device’s operating
system, and additional information associated with your device. We may also gather information collected through cookies, tags, and other technologies, as described further below.
About “cookies” and Ad Choices on third party sites
Do you have to accept cookies?
You may be able to set your browser to reject browser cookies. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you cannot access your accounts online with Guaranty Bank. Therefore, if you set your browser options to disallow cookies, you will limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site. The latest versions of internet browsers provide cookie management tools, such as the ability to delete or reject cookies. We recommend that you refer to information supplied by browser providers for more specific information, including how to use these tools.
Cookies is a term also used to describe other locally stored objects, such as cookies stored in an Adobe folder on your device. These cookies will not be deleted when you clear cookies from your browser. We may use this technology for purposes such as information security and fraud prevention. We may use this technology for online behavioral advertising purposes. Please refer to information provided by Adobe for information on how to disable and control Flash objects. If you choose those options, you may limit the functionality we can provide when you visit our Site.
Additional technologies. We may also use additional technologies such as pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs, and may permit our third-party service providers to use these technologies. We use
these technologies for purposes such as measuring the effectiveness of our advertisements or other communications, determining viewing and response rates, and determining which offers to present to you on our own or on third party sites.
Using information. In addition to the uses described above, we use information for purposes as allowed by law such as: servicing; communicating with you; improving our Site, products, or services; legal compliance; risk control; information security; anti-fraud purposes; marketing or personalizing the presentation of our products and services to you; tracking website usage, such as number of hits, pages visited, and the length of user sessions in order to evaluate the usefulness of our sites; and using read-receipt notifications in our email communications.
We may share information with service providers with whom we work, such as data processors and companies that help us market products and services to you. When permitted or required by law, we may share information with additional third parties for purposes including response to legal process. As applicable, please see the additional privacy policies referenced above, such as the Guaranty Bank Consumer Privacy Notice, for more information on how we may share information with affiliates and third parties.
From our web pages, we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13 without obtaining verifiable consent from their parents or legal guardians. We request that such individuals do not provide personal information through the services.
For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
Policy updates and effective date
If we make updates to this Policy, we will update the Policy with the changes and revise the “date of most recent update” posted at the top of this Policy. Any updates to the Policy become effective when we post the updates on the Site. Your use of the Site following the update to the Policy means that you accept the updated Policy.
We may collect information regarding your mobile device such as device settings, unique device identifiers, information about your location, and analytical information that may assist with diagnostics and performance. For your convenience, you may be asked to grant permission for access to your mobile device's geolocation data. This information may be collected when you use certain services that are dependent on your mobile device’s location (such as the location of an ATM or in store transactions).
Social Media Policy
Welcome to Guaranty Bank! We take pride in being an active member of the Springfield community and feel that our social media platforms are an extension of this effort. We encourage you to use this page as both an informational resource and a positive place to interact.
Guaranty Bank will strive to:
- Correct inaccurate or misleading content in a diligent and timely manner. We will not delete posts unless the post violates bank policy. Any changes or additions will be clearly marked.
- Disclose any conflicts of interests
- Provide relevant and original material and appropriate cite/attribute material made available via other social media presences and websites.
- Use good judgement in posts and respond to comments in a timely and respectful manner.
- Respect the participant’s privacy in this medium
Comment and Posting Policy
We encourage users to engage and interact on our social media pages. We ask that conversations follow the guidelines and that participants treat each other with respect. We reserve the right to delete comments or posts that do not adhere to the following guidelines:
- Please be respectful. Feel free to share your opinion and comments, but refrain from anything inflammatory, derogatory or unscrupulous.
- Please keep it clean. Guaranty Bank’s social media platforms are public, which means any content you post can be seen by anyone on our social media pages. Posts containing inappropriate language or photos will be untagged and/or deleted.
- Stay on topic. We ask that content by relevant to Guaranty Bank.
- No spam. Any comment, link or photo intended to promote a product, service or individual will be taken down immediately.
- Please do not post any personal information. Avoid sharing any confidential information like phone numbers, email addresses or account details that might compromise your security.
- While we encourage your involvement, please disclose your affiliation with Guaranty Bank and that what you post is your opinion and not necessarily the opinion of the Bank.
- Employees are allowed to associate themselves with the company when posting but they must clearly brand their online posts as personal and purely their own. The company should not be held liable for any repercussions the employees’ content may generate.
- Employees are allowed to associate themselves with the company in their profile, but they must be aware that in doing so, they are sharing the reputation of Guaranty Bank. Guaranty Bank will monitor social media affiliations and any content deemed inappropriate will be subject to disciplinary action.
- Content pertaining to sensitive company information (particularly those found within Guaranty Bank internal networks) should not be shared to the outside online community. Divulging information like the company’s design plans, internal operations and legal matters are prohibited.
- Proper copyright and reference laws should be observed by employees when posting online.
Guaranty Bank monitors social media pages and will do our best to respond in a timely manner. If you need immediate assistance, you may contact us at 1.833.875.2492 or stop by and see us at 2144 E Republic Road, Suite F200, Springfield, MO 65804.
Please note that Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram are owned and operated by third parties and their privacy policies should be reviewed independently of Guaranty Bank's. Third party posts about or related to our Bank do not reflect the views of Guaranty Bank or its affiliates, and have not been reviewed. Guaranty Bank does not endorse and is not responsible for any ads that any social media platforms may place on our pages, or for the content, products, advice, opinions, recommendations or other material of third party sites or other pages. Occasionally, we may provide links on social media from other unaffiliated third party websites that we may think are interesting to share. By providing these links, Guaranty Bank does not endorse or sponsor any of these products, services or content on the linked websites. We do not endorse or encourage clicking on links posted by other social media users, as these links may pose risks to your computer or direct you to inappropriate sites.